ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR MUSLIM COMMUNITIES IN NON-MEMBER COUNTRIES
For Academic Year 1438-1439 /2017-2018
- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is pleased to announce the availability of Scholarships for undergraduate study under “The IDB Scholarship Programme for Muslim Communities in Non-Member countries” (including Ghana).
- The IDB Scholarship Programme offers scholarships to the selected candidates to pursue undergraduate study in the fields of Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture and other Science-based professions. The scholarships cover:
- Monthly stipends
- Book allowances
- Prospective applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age not over 24years
- Confirmed students’ admission into first year approved science-based professional courses at any accredited/recognized university or university college in Ghana.
- Completed pre-university (12years) education with very good senior high school (SHS) grades in Core English and any three of Elective Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Be financially needy
- Be a committed Muslim
- Not in receipt of any other scholarships/ sponsorships.
- The scholarships are interest-free loans to students to be refunded to the Local IDB Education Trust-Ghana through easy but reasonable instalments as advised by the IDB Counterpart Coordinator in Ghana.
- Interested applicants may visit the website at www.idbeducationtrustghana.orgor IDB Scholarship Programm Office located at the Zenith College, Behind Trade Fair Centre, La or call 0204500054 for further information or application forms or for submission of completed application forms with copies of all necessary documents.
- Application forms will be available free of charge for collection with effect from October, 1, 2017.
The Deadline for submission of completed application forms is February 28, 2018.